Before finding the perfect reception site:
-Do nothing before compiling a guest list. You won’t have a clue how many guests you’ll be looking at having until you actually sit down and write it out.
- Consider what the ideal place would be. Do you want a view? Do you want outdoors? Do you want elegance, simplicity, or a huge dancefloor? Do you have any handicapped guests?
- Plan your budget!
- Do your research to scout out the perfect reception site for you & your image.
Now that you have found the perfect reception site, what do you do next? Below you will find a timeline that will help you during this overwhelming process. You want to enjoy getting married.
Immediately after booking Christina’s:
- Secure your limousine service
- Make appointments to view and secure your entertainment
- Secure your church or your officiant
Six to Nine Months Prior:
- Select your florist
- Order your gown
- Order your accessories: veil, jewelry, and shoes
- Compile complete and final guest list from bride and groom’s families
- Choose and notify attendants and groomsmen
- Select and order attendants’ gowns
- Choose photographer
- Select and register bridal registry items
- Discuss honeymoon plans
Four to Six Months Prior:
- Make an appointment with Christina’s to look through our large collection of invitations. You can also view and select all the invitations we offer at www.yourinvitationplace.com/christinas
- Choose your cake
- Finalize honeymoon plans
- Plan details with florist
- Select men’s formalwear
- Choose and order favors
Two to Four Months Prior:
- Address invitations and send out
- Plan music and schedule of events with your entertainment
- Choose groomsmen's and attendants’ gifts
- Schedule rehearsal dinner
One to Two Months Prior:
- Have final dress fittings
- Make appointment with hairdresser to choose hairstyle
- Pick up rings
- Buy guest book, pen, toasting glasses, cake knife and server, card box, etc.
- Set a date to get marriage license and blood tests with fiancé
- Make name changes if necessary
Thirty Days Prior:
- Make an appointment with Christina’s for a planning meeting with your personal coordinator
- Choose a menu
- Create a floorplan
- Select your linens
- Select your chair covers, if applicable
- Finalize any special and important details
- Finalize floorplan and place cards
Ten Days Prior:
- Final Count is due
- Pack for honeymoon
Seventy-two Hours Prior:
Drop off Day at Christina's:
- Bring in favors, alphabetized place cards, toasting glasses, guest book, card box, bathroom baskets, and anything else for the reception that can be left with Christina’s to set up for you.
- Finalize floorplan that states how many people at each table. (If you have a split menu, we will need to know what guests are having at each table.)
- Final payment in the form of a banker’s check, money order, cash, or credit card, which does incur a 3% service fee.
The night before:
- Rehearsal at ceremony site
- Rehearsal dinner
- And finally, try to SLEEP!
Now just breath! It’s going to be beautiful! You are in the best hands.